Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Go-To Dinner-- Vegetable Penne Pasta!


Pin It

A lot of people may think being a vegetarian limits your food choices, but it has really stretched my creativity. This is my go-to dinner, when I want a ton of flavor & I'm hungry!  The meatless crumbles even provide the perfect amount of protein.

You'll need:
1/2 bag of meatless crumbles (optional- I use Morning Star brand)
1/2 box whole wheat penne
 1 green bell pepper
1/2 onion, white
1 clove garlic
olive oil
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups spinach
salt
1/3 bunch cilantro
1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 jar pasta sauce (I like the low sodium versions)
shredded cheese (for topping)

  1. Get out all your ingredients. This recipe has several & you don't want to be missing anything.
  2. Start cooking pasta according to box directions.
  3. While cooking pasta, heat up a Tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
  4. Warm up your frozen meatless crumbles, while you're chopping the pepper, onion, & garlic.
  5. Then, saute pepper, onion, garlic in sauce pan about 8 mins.
  6. When warm, add corn & spinach.
  7. Chop cilantro. After spinach has wilted, add cilantro, oregano, and pasta sauce.
  8. Serve and top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment