Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Creamy Cornbread

The weather is getting colder here & I don't know about you, but I am ready for some comfort food. Over Thanksgiving we made this delicious treat that I have been dying to share with yall. Now I probably can't make it quite like my nana, but I'm making it tonight. Let's start off with the ingredients:

Pin It


1 box of cornbread mix (I love Jiffy- it's cheap & delicious & you can find it at the dollar store)
1 can cream of corn
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
1 cup shredded cheese (use your favorite kind... Mozzarella, fiesta blend, cheddar!)

Yep... 5 ingredients! 
First, preheat the oven to 400. Get a bowl & mix your cornbread mix, can of cream corn, egg & milk.
Next, pour half of it into a pie plate. You can use a 9x9" pan or 8x8" if you want it to be a little thicker. Anything works! 
After that... Top with your favorite shredded cheese! {shown below}

Pin It

Pour on the remaining cornbread/milk mix to cover it. {shown below}

Pin It

Place in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes and you have yourself a delicious, very moist side dish to some chili!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment