Saturday, October 26, 2013

Strong Saturday


Pin It


This week I finally started running again!  The weather was too beautiful to stay inside, so I just decided to get out there & do it.  Haha, now I see where Nike gets their motto.  


I used to be a runner, but haven't run in about a year... So I can't wait to get back into it.  While I was looking for running tips, I ran across {The Lady Okie's Blog post on "How to Start Running"}.  Perfect!  Her post really gave me the confidence I needed to find a plan and start running again. I'm easing back into it with the Walk to Run to 5k Method. 

Here's a short rundown:
Week 1: Warm up with a 5 minute walk, alternate 1 min run with 4 min walk for 30 minutes
Week 2: Warm up with 5 minute walk, alternate 2 min run with 3 min walk for 30 minutes
The very last week, Week 10: Warm up with 5 min walk, run for 30 minutes, cool down walk for 5 mins

Each week we'll gain a little more endurance & be running a 5k in no time. Well, just ten short weeks. I'm looking forward to it! I'll be tracking my progress & my runs on Strong Saturdays.  Anyone want to start with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment